VISIONAn Africa where peace through non-violence is a way of life and peoples are motivated by the values of right relationships, harmony, reconciliation and care for creation
Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
MISSIONForming and Nurturing Communities of Peace, Diversity and Care in grassroots communities across Africa where differences are celebrated, diversity appreciated, training provided and collaboration with groups of similar vision and mission is encouraged; in order to promote a culture of non-violence which is an instrument of personal conversion and societal transformation.
METHODOLOGYCreating Social Cohesion in South Africa’s diverse contexts through:
- Establishing a common vision and values charters in communities.
- Building positive relationships and social capital.
- Facilitating inclusion and belonging. Creating fair life chances through empowerment.
- Promoting the formation of value-based institutions.
Currently targeted Dioceses:
- Direct Beneficiaries: Dioceces of Kleksdorp and Umzimkhulu
- Partners: Local municipalities and Justice & Peace